Waunakee Airpark LLC - Runway Use Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT made and entered into on TODAY, by and between Waunakee Airpark LLC, a limited liability company organized and existing under the laws of the State of Wisconsin, hereinafter referred to as "Owner," and YOUR-NAME, Hangar renter, or Flying Club Member hereinafter referred to as the "User."
WHEREAS, Waunakee Airpark LLC is the “Owner” and operator of Waunakee Airport; an airport situated in the Village of Waunakee, Wisconsin (the "Airport");
WHEREAS, The “User” desires to Fly into or out of the Airport, and/or store their aircraft at the “Airport”;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises of the Owner and User as set forth below, the Owner and User agree as follows:
- Term: This agreement shall be in effect as long as the User stores an aircraft at the Airport, or operates an aircraft into or out of the Airport. This agreement is terminated as soon as User no longer stores or operates into or out of the Airport.
- Conditions: The User agrees to operate within all applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and recommended operating practices defined by Federal, State, or Local authorities, or the Airport Owner.
- Hold Harmless: The User agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner free and harmless from loss from each and every claim and demand of whatever nature made upon the behalf of or by any person or persons for any wrongful act or omission on the part of the User, his agents or employees, and from all loss or damages including reasonable attorney fees, by reason of such acts or omission.
- Non-Exclusive Use: The User shall have the right to the non-exclusive use, in common with others, of the airport runways, taxiways, and other conveniences for the take-off, and landing of aircraft.
- Applicability: This agreement shall be signed by all owners and operators of aircraft based at Waunakee Airport. Users who are Hangar owners if renting out their hangars, and Airplane Club Members must have its renter/aircraft operator, sign this agreement.
All new pilots are subject to a checkout (at their expense) specific to the Waunakee airport, and must contact the General Manager or Flying Club instructor for scheduling this checkout.
Recommended Operating Practices and Noise Abatement Procedures:
- Pattern altitude 1900' MSL (1000' AGL), Left hand traffic.
- Use as steep of an approach as safe and practical on final. Use caution for vehicles on Division street.
- Maintain altitude to touch down past the displaced threshold if landing on runway 27
- Use as steep of a climb out on departure as safe and practical.
- Departing Runway 27, turn left as soon as is practical and safe to avoid overflying housing areas and Intermediate School.
- Departing Runway 09, do not turn left until over industrial park.
- Night operation is discouraged, unless the pilot is very familiar with the airport.
- Night landings should be made on 27 unless wind conditions dictate landing on 09.
- "Buzzing" (low altitude, high speed passes over the airport) is prohibited. This prohibition does not preclude (1.) low altitude passes for the purposes of assessing the safety of runway and airport conditions for landing or (2.) go-arounds, in the interest of safety, from approaches-to-land.
- Additional recommendations and information are available on the Pilot Information page at waunakeeairport.com.
As always, safety dictates operation of aircraft by the PIC.
In Witness Whereof, the parties have executed this Agreement to be effective as of the day and year first written above.